- Educational Technology Website
- System and Hardware Logins
- Never put the password in a ticket
- Never share password
- Always make it unique
- We will never ask for your password. Any email or website or asking to type your password is phishing/spam and should be reported.
- Employee Portal
1. Instructions for using the Employee Portal can be found by visiting this link.
- HR Mandated Training (Public SchoolWorks)
Public School Works is the system we use for annual training mandated by the Human Resources Department. Training is assigned to staff based on their function and department. The Human Resources Department will schedule and communicate training dates via email.
To access Public School Works, visit www.molineschools.org and under “For Staff”, click the link for “Mandated Training”.
Social Media Procedure
- Any social media accounts that post on behalf of the school district must be reported to Candace Sountris
- Follow all guidelines for Social Media and Online Communication Procedure
- Classroom connections
- HDMI to projector (in most classrooms) requires an HDMI adapter (provided/demonstrate)
- Wireless connections in each classroom OR
- Network connection to an Ethernet adapter (demonstrate)
- Ethernet adapter also has USB connections (demonstrate)
- We use and automated system for updates and to push new software called Filewave
- Any external peripherals will be purchased by the building (KB, mouse, DVD Drive)
- All schools have some DVD drives for checkout (see the lab in elem, helpdesk in upper grades)
- SMARTBoards - how these work and run - Training Videos
- SMART Learning Suite Online - overview
- Document cameras and software -
- Allows for Personalized Learning - self-directed learning opportunities, ownership of learning, personal connection to learning
- 21st Century Skills - thinking critically and creatively, enhanced communication and collaboration, better prepared for college and careers through technology literacy skills
- Greater Access to digital resources, access beyond the school day, access to the tools to innovate and engage
- Phased approach - 5th and 9th grades - now we have grades 5- 12 participating in LEAD
- PD was provided by e-Class 4 Learning
- Focusing on and tailoring to needs to instructor
- content and tech specific examples
- Model lessons that infuse technology into them - provide ideas and tools to use in all curricular areas
- Google Hangouts to provide follow-up and additional subject level curriculum support
- Get baseline data from teachers and students and monitor that throughout the process
- Student email accounts
- username - last 2 of grad year + first 4 letters of last name + first 3 letters of first name
- Password - elementary - first four letters of last name + last 4 numbers of student ID
- LEAD device vs carted device
- Carted devices (if any) do not leave the classroom - discuss managing these
- KDG and 1st Grade will have touch devices - Clever Badges
- 2-4 grades will have standard Chromebooks that are soon going to be distributed to the students in a take-home 1:1. First year doing this.
- Overview of device
- Apps vs Extensions and how to get these to students
- Any other classroom technologies you come across - contact us!
- Chromebook monitoring solution
- Monitor student Chromebooks in real time
- Open and close tabs for students
- Lock students into specific websites
- Connected to Google Classroom
- Will be able to monitor student devices at home.
- Ability to share your screen, video and 1-way audio with students - Lecture/Presentation Mode
- Log-in - used Google to sign in
- School must be set to Moline
- What it is and how it can be used
- When testing takes place - August 24th-September 18th??
- What scores are used for
- Data for teachers from the tests
- Managing Multiple Google Accounts - Make sure you are doing it correctly!
- Chrome Browser
- On Start-up
- Show Home Button
- Pin Tabs
- Bookmarks Bar -turn on if necessary- creating folders
- Favicons - how to create
- Apps - run in their own web page. Some link to Google Drive
- Extensions - Extensions add more functionality to the Chrome browser
Google Classroom - join Shannon's MSD Professional Development Classroom - z5gvxv7
- Little SIS syncs with Skyward to keep classes updated
- Overview of Classroom
- Google Classroom Updates - last updates were in April.
- Share to Classroom Extension
- Course from Kasey Bell
- OpenEd Resource Library - assessments, videos, lesson plans, and activities that can be pushed via Google Classroom or done whole class.
LEAD Moline Help Desks in the buildings:
- Student-Led Help Desk
- 10.00 annual fee for families grades K-12
- provides ownership into device
- Covers two repairs each school year that are the result of normal wear and tear and manufacturer defects.
- Will cover a replacement device if necessary.
- Repairs will be logged and any repairs beyond the allowed two will be reviewed.
- At the end of the 4 year hardware cycle, parents/guardians will have the option to keep the device.
- High School Helpdesk
- Charging is done at the InfoHub
- Repairs are taken care of in B224
- Loaners are available for broken/forgotten CB’s
- Middle School Helpdesk
- Use guidelines from the MHS helpdesk
- Staffed by Michele Stanley, Tim Aumueller and 2-3 students per class period
- Each core classroom (6-8) will have 3 chargers in the classroom
- There are daily loaners available for broken/forgotten CB’s
- Elementary Schools
- We re still working on procedures for K-4 classrooms
- Please fill out the entire sheet if there is a repair needed.
- Asset tag of the student’s device is critical if there is a repair needed
- Teacher must put in a ticket with issue so we know to check
- Each 5th grade classroom has a shelf with 5 loaners.
- Pink sheets are individually marked per shelf for issues with student LEAD CB’s
- If there are not pink sheets, contact Shannon so we can get some to your classroom
- Loaner shelves should have 5 or more devices on them each night. Loaners are NOT to be taken home under any circumstances!
Shannon - @murf1224
Craig - @msd40tech
Facebook - Moline-Coal Valley School District
Facebook - Wilson and John Deere