Procedure for Verifying Residency
(Post District Registration)
New students or families that are flagged for residency issues will go to their school to verify residency and open up the registration process in their Family Access. The following procedure in Skyward can be used to allow families to register, or for Administrators to place families on the "Verify" list.
Please note: after residency is checked and this procedure is completed, families will be able to register the following day. Our sync process runs nightly.
- Look up the student using the "Registration Address Verify Mail Merge" option in your Skyward Favorites. NOTE: you may need to change your Entity to 000 if the student cannot be found.
- Print the Residency Form and verify residency (be sure to check the boundary map!)
- Go back to your Skyward Home and look the student up in Student Profile.
- Click the "Family" tab on the left and then click "Custom Forms," as shown below.
- In the "Custom Forms" screen, click "Edit"
- Students flagged for residency will have "VERIFY" in the 2023 Suspect field. This field will be empty for new students.
- After residency is verified for either a new student or flagged student, enter a date in the "Date Verified Residence" field and check "Verified Residence," then click "Save."
Please Note: if a student is on the VERIFY list, please do not make changes to or remove the VERIFY indicator. Entering a date and checking "Verified Residence" will open the registration process.
- The Skyward process for residency will run overnight, and the family will be able to register the next day for those on the VERIFY list. New students do not have to go through the registration steps. This field indicates that a new student has had their residency verified.
- This process changes the residency for the student and all siblings. You DO NOT have to do this for every student within the family.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or issues using this process.